Location: London based
Salary: £21,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Classification: Part-time (22.5 hours per week)
Signhealth is currently looking to recruit a Young Person’s Violence Advocate (YPVA) to help young people change or avoid abusive behaviour, and to help them to have healthy relationships and to stay safe. The role is a crucial part of our Domestic Abuse Service by working with young Deaf people of 11 years and older.
As a YPVA within our Domestic Abuse service, you will help develop and deliver workshops across London and the South East England for young deaf people aged 11-19 who potentially could experience or who have experienced domestic abuse. The successful candidate will also give one-to-one support to deaf children/young people, under direction of the Service Manager, to help them stay safe, access local services, make their voice heard and receive deaf-specialist counselling through NHS referral.
To be successful in the role, you need:-
- To have relevant experience of working with groups of young Deaf people in schools or youth groups
- Excellent people and communication skills, specific for individuals aged 11+
- To use BSL as your first language (or to CACDP Level II)
- Actively involved in the deaf community and understand Deaf culture
- A commitment to equal opportunities and the empowerment of clients
- The ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent people and communication skills
Applications from D/deaf people are strongly encouraged!
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance. The post is subject to references and checks which are satisfactory to us.
Sounds like you? Please email with your CV & cover letter outlining the reasons for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications Monday 11 November 2019
Interviews will be held in London on Thursday 14 November 2019