Many Deaf people have stories of poor administration experiences when using the NHS. Lack of coordination, bad communication and bad processes can have negative consequences on our health.
Have you experienced problems with:
- Booking appointments with NHS services
- Communication between you and NHS services (e.g. missed/lost/delayed/lack of communications)
- Communication between NHS services, which had an impact on you (e.g. referrals or sharing test results)
- Prescriptions (e.g. collecting prescriptions)
- Arranging transport to take you to hospital etc.
- Any other issues with NHS administration?
Tell us about it!
Workshop: Deaf patients’ experiences of NHS administration
Location: The King’s Fund, Cavendish Square, Marylebone, London, W1G 0AN
Date: Friday 13th March 10am-1pm
You will be reimbursed £75 for your time plus travel expenses will be paid.
Book your place:
UPDATE – This event is now full and we are no longer able to accept new bookings.
This is a Kings Fund project working with Health Watch, National Voices and SignHealth.