SignHealth – the Healthcare Charity for Deaf People is a national charity committed to achieving better access to and equality of health provision within the UK for Deaf people. SignHealth works in the fields of supported living, counselling, advocacy, outreach and health promotion for Deaf people with mental health difficulties and/or complex needs.
Circa £20,000 – £25,000 dependent on experience
The salary is based on a full time, 40-hour week however will require a degree of flexibility on occasions.
Reporting to the Registered Manager, you will assist with the overall management of the service, staff rotas and overall running of the home.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Be fluent in BSL or willing to learn
- Experience of deaf culture or willing to learn
- At least 2 years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory care role
We are looking for a person who is interested in a challenging position, working with a dedicated team of staff offering support to Deaf people with mental health and complex behavioural issues.
The home is a registered care home.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer:
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Child care voucher scheme
- Excellent training opportunities
- 25 days holiday per year
- Plus days in lieu of the statutory Bank Holidays
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance
Please contact for a Job Description. If you are asked for interview you will need to complete an application form.
Voice: 0113 245 7991
- An online interpreter service InterpreterNow is available to use for an informal discussion. Please email for details
- SignHealth Website: www.signhealth.org.uk
- We positively welcome applications from Deaf people who meet the criteria set out in the Person Specification.
Please note, due to the expected high levels of applications for this post we may be unable to offer an individual response. If you have not heard back from us within seven days of forwarding your CV then unfortunately on this occasion your application will have been unsuccessful.
Charity No: 1011056