SignHealth – the Healthcare Charity for Deaf People is a national charity committed to achieving better access to and equality of health provision within the UK for Deaf people. SignHealth works in the fields of supported living, counselling, advocacy, outreach and health promotion for Deaf people with mental health difficulties and/or complex needs.
Circa £20,000 dependent on experience
The salary is based on a full time, 40-hour week however will require a degree of flexibility on occasions.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will assist with the overall management of the service, staff rotas and overall running of the home.
The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 2 Health and Social or the Care Certificate or equivalent
- Be fluent in BSL
- Knowledge of deaf culture
- At least 1 years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory care role
We are looking for a person who is interested in a challenging position, working with a dedicated team of staff offering support to Deaf people with mental health problems/needs in this Supported Living Scheme.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer:
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Child care voucher scheme
- Excellent training opportunities
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Plus days in lieu of the statutory Bank Holidays
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance
Please contact for an application form
Voice 0113 245 7991
Or download information from the website
Closing date: 22nd June 2018
Interviews: 29th June 2018