Location: Urmston, Manchester
Hourly rate: £9.86 plus £1.19 holiday pay
Signhealth is currently looking to recruit for Outreach Workers (bank) who would like to take on the exciting challenge of providing high quality support to Deaf individuals who suffer/have suffered from mental health conditions, within the Urmston community.
To be successful in the role, you need:-
- Previous experience of on-going client assessment and working in an outreach support / residential setting
- A belief in, and positive attitude to the principles of community care.
- Knowledge of the deaf community and mental health conditions
- Minimum level 2 British Sign Language and knowledge of Deaf Culture
- A commitment to equal opportunities and the empowerment of clients
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent people skills
Applications from D/deaf people are strongly encouraged!
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance. The post is subject to references and checks which are satisfactory to us.
Sounds like you? Please email with your CV & cover letter outlining the reasons for your interest in this opportunity.