SignHealth a national charity committed to achieving better access to and equality of health provision within the UK for Deaf people. SignHealth works in the fields of supported living, counselling, advocacy, outreach and health promotion for Deaf people with mental health conditions and/or complex needs.
Position title: Operations Manager
Salary: Circa £40k (depending on experience)
SignHealth is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager who is interested in taking on a challenging yet rewarding position whose key focus will be on care homes and community outreach.
· Supervising and supporting service managers to manage their teams for delivery of high quality and responsive services through effective leadership and performance management.
· Quality assurance and Operational compliance in line with our client’s policies and procedures, CQC regulations and safeguarding procedures.
· Performance management and continuous improvement against KPIs to deliver high quality service and user outcomes.
· Oversight of budgets and spend, driving efficiencies and value for money
· Supporting the Director of Operations in the development and planning to deliver the objectives for Operations in line with our client’s 3-year plan.
· Maintaining accurate care management systems, including referrals, outcome focused support plans, reviews and measuring customer satisfaction.
· Collecting performance data for each service area in a reportable format to the Executive Leadership Team and key stakeholders.
· Working with the Head of Governance and Strategy to develop and maintain policy and procedures, in line with organisational requirements or changing legislation.
· To maintain, improve and standardise effective reporting processes and escalation protocols, including incidents, safeguarding, Health and Safety.
To be successful in the role, you need:-
· Proven experience of being a strategic lead across relevant services
· A social care or health care qualifications or equivalent training
· A proven record of managing and delivering care services
· Experience in managing and improving staff performance
· Ability to operate with an external audience, engaging and influencing a variety of stakeholders
· Experience in budget management
· To be proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and CRM systems
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
· A deep understanding of quality assurance, CQC compliance, person centred and outcome focused practice; safeguarding and risk management.
· Excellent teambuilding, communication skills and resilience
How to apply
Does this sound like you? Please apply by comprising a comprehensive CV, including details of 2 referees and a supporting statement (no more than 2 pages) outlining the reasons for your application. This should respond closely to the person specification, showing how you meet the requirements of the role.
You can download the candidate pack here.
Please send your CV and covering letter to: ">
Applications from D/deaf people are strongly encouraged!
Applications close 26th July 2019 at 5:00 pm
Interviews will be held on 6th & 7th August 2019
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level. The post is subject to references and checks which are satisfactory to us.
If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about the role or the process, please contact:
Mikala Ayres, Head of HR
or 020 3947 2608 (voice, Skype)
Christopher Reid, Director of Operations
or 07973782442 (Text, Skype, Facetime)
SignHealth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects those who work in the organisation to share this commitment. We are unable to work with anyone who has been disqualified from working with children or subject to sanctions imposed by a regulatory or professional body. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any convictions, cautions, or bind-overs need to be declared including any that would normally be regarded as spent.