Hourly rate: £9.86 plus £1.19 holiday pay
Our outreach service, based in Leeds, is looking to recruit Outreach Workers (bank) who will provide high quality support to Deaf individuals who suffer/have suffered from mental health conditions. This role will be rewarding with the opportunity to support people and really make a difference within the community.
To be successful in the role, you need:-
- Previous experience of on-going client assessment and working in an outreach support / residential setting
- A belief in, and positive attitude to the principles of community care.
- Knowledge of the deaf community and mental health conditions
- Minimum level 2 British Sign Language and knowledge of Deaf Culture
- A commitment to equal opportunities and the empowerment of clients
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent people skills
Applications from D/deaf people are strongly encouraged!
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance. The post is subject to references and checks which are satisfactory to us.
Sounds like you? Please contact for an application form
Application close Friday 25 October 2019, with potential interviews on 30 October 2019. Previous applicants need not apply.