Location: London based
Classification: Part-time (30 hours per week)
Hourly rate:£23,000 – £25,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Benefits: 25 days of annual leave (pro-rata), Sick pay, Pension, Eye care vouchers
SignHealth is currently looking to recruit for an Independent Domestic Violence Advocate (IDVA) who would like to take on a fantastic opportunity to be a key part of our Domestic Abuse Service. SignHealth’s Domestic Abuse Service is the UK’s first ever support service for Deaf women in the UK. We enable Deaf women to access the information and support their need in situations of abuse.
IDVA’s provide a combination of emotional support and practical assistance to women who are experiencing high-risk domestic abuse. IDVA’s help enable Deaf women to access the support they need to reduce risk and take back control of their lives. You will ideally have experience of working with Deaf adults as you will be providing high level advocacy support. If this is you, we want to meet you!
To be successful in the role, you need:-
- Relevant experience of providing specialist, short to medium term, expert advocacy service to Deaf victims of domestic violence
- Relevant experience providing assistance through criminal and civil justice proceedings and crisis interventions
- To use BSL as your first language (or to CACDP Level II)
- Actively involved in the deaf community and understand Deaf culture
- A commitment to equal opportunities and the empowerment of clients
- The ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent people and communication skills
Applications from D/deaf people are strongly encouraged!
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance. The post is subject to references and checks which are satisfactory to us.
Sounds like you? Please email with your CV & cover letter outlining the reasons for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications Monday 11 November 2019
Interviews will be held in London on Wednesday 13 November 2019