What you must do during an attack.
– Take one to two puffs of your reliever inhaler (usually blue)
– Sit up and try to take slow steady breaths
– If you do not start to feel better continue to take two puffs of your reliever inhaler every two minutes, take up to ten puffs.
– If you do not feel better after taking your inhaler as above or you are worried at any time – call 999
– If an ambulance does not arrive within 15 minutes repeat bullet point 3 while you wait
If your symptoms improve and you do not need to call 999, you still need to see a doctor or asthma nurse within 24 hours.[clear-line]
These videos about asthma and living with it were made by Asthma UK.
For more information on asthma, visit asthma.org.uk[clear-line]