Salary £ 17,000 plus sleep-in allowance (the salary is based on a 40-hour week)
Housing Support Workers are expected to sleep over, once all checks and inductions are completed, and will be paid for this in addition to salary at a rate of £31.74. Sleep-ins are counted as part of the working week.
We are looking for two House Support Workers who are interested in a challenging position, working with a dedicated team of staff in this registered care home, supporting Deaf people with experience of mental distress.
Ideally candidates will offer:
• Previous experience of working in a residential/care setting
• Good level of British Sign Language and knowledge of Deaf culture
• A belief in, positive attitude and commitment to equal opportunities and the empowerment of tenants
• Ability to work as part of a team
• NVQ Level 2 Health and Social or the Care Certificate
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
• Stakeholder pension scheme
• Child care voucher scheme
• Excellent training opportunities
• 22 days’ holiday per year
• Plus, days in lieu of the statutory Bank Holidays
The successful candidates will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form
Voice 01132 457991 Mini 0113 245 7992, Fax 01132 457993
Deadline for applications is 8th September, interviews will be held on 15th September 2017.