SignHealth – the Healthcare Charity for Deaf People is a national charity committed to achieving better access to and equality of health provision within the UK for Deaf people. SignHealth works in the fields of supported living, counselling, advocacy, outreach and health promotion for Deaf people with mental health difficulties and/or complex needs.
Full Time Housing Support Worker, Chorlton, Manchester
Salary £16,286 – £17,160 (depending on experience) plus sleep-in allowance
The salary is based on a 40-hour week. Housing Support Workers are expected to sleep over, once all checks and inductions are completed, and will be paid for this in addition to salary at a rate of £31.74. Sleep-ins are counted as part of the working week.
We are looking for a person who is interested in a challenging position, working with a dedicated team of staff offering support to Deaf people with mental health problems/needs in this Supported Living Scheme. Ideally offer the following:
- Previous experience of working in a residential/care setting
- Good level of British Sign Language and knowledge of Deaf culture
- A belief in, positive attitude and commitment to equal opportunities and the empowerment of tenants
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good people skills
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Child care voucher scheme
- Training opportunities
- 22 days holiday per year
- Plus days in lieu of the statutory Bank Holidays
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance
Please contact for an application form
Voice 0161 860 4365
Mini 0161 860 4362
Closing Date: Friday 27 April 2018
Aim in the personal welfare or educational services field within the meaning of the Equality Act 2010.