Based in the South East
Closing date 24th February
It is a great time to join SignHealth. Together with our recently appointed Chief Executive, we are developing our new Strategy which will strengthen our presence and ensure the Charity continues to place its services at the fore. Our recently re-organised finance team will support the Charity to broaden and develop other income streams and new services.
SignHealth has just celebrated its 30th anniversary this year. We are a successful national charity, and keen to keep growing. We employ 160 people in projects all over the UK. We are proud that more than half our employees are deaf. Delivering deaf services for the deaf by the deaf, means we provide specialist, high quality services. The charity has three decades of experience improving the lives of deaf people and ensuring that deaf people get the same access to healthcare as hearing people and support those for whom mainstream services ignore.
We need an outstanding Head of Finance, a qualified accountant with a sound knowledge of charity finance, who has a track record of improving processes and procedures, and will strive for excellence. The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and be able to show how they have developed teams and led projects. We need an exceptional professional who can as well as providing reporting, and budgets can give insight and guidance, for operational teams ensuring that the business has the best information possible to make sound commercial decisions.
How to apply
- Application is by CV and a cover letter to
- The covering letter should address your personal interest in the role, and how your experience supports you to fulfil the skills required. Recruitment pack are available for each role.
Further information and queries
- If you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Sarah Peter, Head of HR on 07928551291 or 01494 687600 (SignHealth Headquarters’ line.)
- Our online interpreter service: “InterpreterNow” is available to use for an informal discussion, please email for details.
- We positively welcome applications from D/deaf people who meet the criteria set out in the Person Specification.