- Salary: £8.76 per hour plus holiday and sleep-in payments
- Location: Chorlton, Manchester
SignHealth is the health and wellbeing charity for deaf people. We are committed to bringing better healthcare and equality of service provision to deaf people throughout the UK.
We are looking for people to work with our dedicated teams supporting Deaf people with mental health difficulties and complex needs who live in our supported accommodation. The work is interesting, challenging and rewarding.
- You have previous experience of working in residential care
- You can communicate in British Sign Language – at least to Level 2 or above
- You have a positive attitude
- You believe in, and are committed to equal opportunities and empowering tenants.
- You can work well in a team
- You have good people skills
SignHealth will give the successful candidate a training and induction programme.
We encourage and welcome applications from D/deaf people.
If we offer you a job you will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level.
To apply, please email and request a job application form.
Closing Date – Ongoing
SignHealth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects those who work in the organisation to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Check at an enhanced level and an Independent Safeguarding Adult Clearance. The post is subject to references and checks which are satisfactory to us.
We are unable to work with anyone who has been disqualified from working with children or subject to sanctions imposed by a regulatory or professional body.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any convictions, cautions, or bind-overs need to be declared including any that would normally be regarded as spent.