Housing Support Worker
Location: Urmston, Manchester
Classification: Full-Time (40 hours per week), permanent
Salary: £17,965 per annum, plus sleep-in payments.
Signhealth is currently recruiting for a diligent, committed & motivated individual who is interested in taking on a challenging yet rewarding position as Housing Support Worker within one of our supported living services, based in Manchester.
Successful candidates will work alongside our dedicated team of staff offering support to Deaf people with mental health difficulties and complex needs who live in our supported accommodation.
To be successful in the role, you need:-
- A minimum qualification of NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent Social Care training
- Proven experience of working in a residential/care setting
- Minimum level 2 British Sign Language and knowledge of Deaf Culture
- Have a positive attitude and commitment to equal opportunities and the empowerment of tenants
- Ability to successfully work as part of a team
- You have excellent people skills
Applications from D/deaf people are strongly encouraged!
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance. The post is subject to references and checks which are satisfactory to us.
Once all checks and inductions are completed to a successful level, SignHealth’s Housing Support Workers are expected to sleep over. Employees will be entitled to an additional sleep-in allowance of £31.74 per sleep-in. Sleep-ins are counted as part of the working week.
Sounds like you? Please contact for an application form
Applications close when suitable candidate is found!