Salary: £8.89 an hour plus sleep allowance
Location: Birmingham (Erdington)
Closing date: 3 April 2020
SignHealth is currently looking to recruit people who would like to take on the exciting challenge of providing high quality health and social care support to Deaf individuals, many of whom who have mental health conditions, within the Birmingham (Erdington) community.
What will be expected of me?
You will be expected to provide support in both the community and in a residential Care home. To be successful in the role, you need:-
- Previous experience of on-going client assessment and working in Health and Social Care
- A belief in, and positive attitude to the principles of community care
- Knowledge of the Deaf community and mental health conditions
- Minimum level 2 British Sign Language and knowledge of Deaf Culture
- A commitment to equal opportunities and the empowerment of clients
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- A person centred approach and values
Do I need a qualification?
All staff must, in their period of probation, must complete the Care Certificate.
You can apply if you have;
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent Social Care training or
- a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in the health and social care sector as a paid employee. e.g. worked in a supported housing, domiciliary or care home, outreach service.
Working hours are subject to a rota (40 hours, Monday- Sunday). You will be expected to work some evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
Pay and Benefits
£8.89 an hour plus sleep in allowance
25 days holiday per annum, pro rata
Pension and sick pay
As we work with adults at risk, the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance.
The post is subject to references and checks which are satisfactory to us.
As part of our interview process, we will ask your motivation for working with vulnerable people and questions relating to convictions.
How to apply
Please email Richard at with your CV & cover letter outlining the reasons for your interest in this opportunity. You can also use this email to ask any questions about the job.
Closing date for applications is 5pm 3rd April 2020
Interview will take place on Thursday 9th April 2020
Applications from deaf people are strongly encouraged!