Salary: £17,104 (£8.89 per hour)
Location: Urmston, Manchester
Working pattern: Working hours are subject to a rota. You will be expected to work some evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
Contracted hours: 37 hours (x 2) and 25 hours (x 1)
Start date: ASAP
SignHealth is currently looking to recruit people who would like to take on the exciting challenge of providing high quality health and social care support to Deaf individuals, many of whom who have mental health conditions, within the Urmston community. You will be expected to provide support in both the community and in a residential care home.
The successful candidate will need:
- Previous experience of on-going client assessment and working in Health and Social Care
- A belief in, and positive attitude to the principles of community care
- Knowledge of the Deaf community and mental health conditions
- Minimum level 2 British Sign Language and knowledge of Deaf Culture
- A commitment to equal opportunities and the empowerment of clients
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A minimum qualification of NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent Social Care training e.g. Care Certificate or a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in the health and social care sector as a paid employee. E.g. worked in a supported housing, domiciliary or care home, outreach service.
Applications from Deaf people are strongly encouraged!
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance. The post is subject to references and checks which are satisfactory to us.
Looks like you? Please email with your CV & cover letter outlining the reasons for your interest in this opportunity.