Hourly rate: £9.86 plus £1.19 holiday pay (for Nil Hours contracts)
Closing date: Ongoing
Signhealth is currently looking to recruit people who would like to take on the exciting challenge of providing high quality support to Deaf individuals who have mental health conditions.
To be successful in the role, you need:
- Previous experience of on-going client assessment and working in Health and Social Care
- A belief in, and positive attitude to the principles of community care.
- Knowledge of the deaf community and mental health conditions
- Minimum level 2 British Sign Language and knowledge of Deaf Culture
- A commitment to equal opportunities and the empowerment of clients
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A minimum qualification of NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent Social Care training e.g Care Certificate
- Minimum 1 years’ experience of working in a Health and Social Care setting
- A commitment to equal opportunities and the empowerment of tenants
- Ability to successfully work as part of a team
Applications from deaf people are strongly encouraged.
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance. The post is subject to references and checks which are satisfactory to us.
Once all checks and inductions are completed to a successful level, SignHealth’s Social Care Workers are expected to sleep over if working at a residential care home. Employees will be entitled to an additional sleep-in allowance of 31.74 per sleep-in. Sleep-ins are counted as part of the working week.
Sounds like you? Please contact for an application form and with your CV & cover letter outlining the reasons for your interest in this opportunity.