Location: Balham, South London
Hours: Full time, 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Type of Contract: Permanent
Reports to: Head of HR
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Benefits: Pension and Company sick pay
Holiday: 25 days per annum, pro-rata
Deadline for applications is 9am Monday 16th March 2020 Interviews will be held on Monday 23rd March 2020
For the full description, person specification and application instructions, please download the job pack.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
To be the first point of contact for Managers across SignHealth, providing a comprehensive and confidential HR service. To represent the HR department and respond promptly to people related issues. To support the Head of HR to deliver the ‘Strength’ objective and associated 3 year plan.
To demonstrate a personal commitment to SignHealth’s values through behaviours and conduct
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1.0 Employee Lifecycle
To manage all elements of the employee life-cycle from recruitment to exit, providing HR advice and support that’s reflective of the current legal employment framework and which reflects SignHealth’s Policies and Procedures. To ensure all parts of the relevant procedures are completed and within agreed timescales, together with robust recording and record keeping. Provide timely updates to the Head of HR and work within agreed deadlines as set in the HR workplan.
Recruitment, selection, induction and on-boarding
- Manage the process associated with vacancies including new posts
- Manage all aspects of creating a recruitment campaign, ensuring any routes to market are cost effective and value for money. Negotiate rates/fees with support from the Head of HR
- Manage external recruitment relationships to ensure SignHealth attract the best candidates
- Support the recruiting Manager with the recruitment process ensuring that candidate information is succinct, accessible and managed in accordance with the agreed timetable
- Support the recruiting Manager with preparations for interviews and tests and ensure the candidate’s experience is a positive one
- Manage the offer/ contract and declining process and all associated preemployment checks, including DBS checks, right to work and references
- Support the recruiting Manager with preparations for induction and onboarding
- Identify any gaps along the process and address promptly and efficiently
Performance, conduct, attendance, grievances and disputes
- Support Line Managers to enable them to manage the performance, conduct, behaviour and sickness of their staff and to report any noteworthy cases to the Operational Director and Head of HR
- To ensure that SignHealth’s policies are adhered to and use the MI system to retain records of meetings/ e-mails and other matters which result
- To use the legal helplines or refer to the Head of HR with any serious allegations that arise
- Be the main point of contact and manage the formal process relating to misconduct or serious misconduct. Produce documents and letters and oversee the process including attending Disciplinary/ Grievance hearings.
- Support Line Managers with written responses to staff as a result of informal or formal proceedings including ‘Letters of Concern’, working with the Manager to help build confidence in their capability in managing people
- To support Managers and provide guidance with exiting procedures for resignations and other departures.
- Produce timely reports that enable changes to be made to payroll
- Work closely with the Payroll Manager to ensure accurate payroll data is communicated and in line with payroll deadlines
2.0 Management information and reporting
Cascade HR Database
- Take the lead to ensure HR provides the correct information to payroll via Cascade, and that the data on Cascade is clean/up to date.
- Support the production of reports from the Cascade system for Head of HR
- Setting up new staff accounts, creating working calendars, job posts, systems lists, profiles and roles where appropriate.
3.0 Professional development
- Attend regular employment law update events in order to update knowledge of recent legislation and procedures in relation to Human Resources
- Complete training in British Sign Language
The post holder will be expected to:
- Travel to SignHealth’s services, located in Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham to support Operational Management teams with formal meetings and note taking
- Support the smooth running of the Office (Head office) by assisting with telephone answering and other tasks as required
- To have responsibility for the Health safety and welfare of others and to comply with the health and safety policy and procedures of the organisation. Failure to comply with health and safety could be a disciplinary matter.
- Responsible to ensure that legal obligations regarding information which is processed for both patients and staff is kept accurate, confidential, secure and in line with the Data Protection Act (1998) and the new changes required by GDPR and Security and Confidentiality Policies
- Not abuse their official position for personal gain, to seek advantage of further private business or other interests in the course of their official duties
NOTE : This Job Description does not provide an exhaustive list of duties and may be reviewed in conjunction with the post holder in light of service development.
We positively welcome applications from deaf people and disabled people.
Contact If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about the role or the process, please contact
Head of HR
020 3947 2608 (voice, Skype)
For the person specification and details for how to apply, please download and review the HR Advisor Job Pack.