Full-time, for one year (maternity cover)
Salary £ 17,160 plus sleep-in allowance
The salary is based on a 40 hour week. Housing Support Workers are expected to sleep over, once all checks and inductions are completed, and will be paid for this in addition to salary at a rate of £31.74. Sleep-ins are counted as part of the working week.
We are looking for a person who is interested in a challenging position, working with a dedicated team of staff offering support to Deaf people with mental health problems/needs in this registered care home. Ideally offer the following:
• Previous experience of working in a residential/care setting
• Good level of British Sign Language and knowledge of Deaf culture
• A belief in, positive attitude and commitment to equal opportunities and the empowerment of tenants
• Ability to work as part of a team
• NVQ Level 2 Health and Social or the Care Certificate
In addition to a competitive salary we offer a stakeholder pension scheme and a child care voucher scheme – after a qualifying period, excellent training opportunities, 22 days holiday per year plus days in lieu of the statutory Bank Holidays.
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS Check at an enhanced level & Independent Safeguarding Adults clearance.
Please contact for an application form.
Voice 01132 457991 Mini 0113 245 7992, Fax 01132 457993
Deadline for applications is 8th September, interviews will be held on 15th September 2017.