Location: Falcon Mews, 46 Oakmead Road, Balham, South London
Hours: Full time 37 hours/week (flexible working can be considered)
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Reporting to: Director of Communications and Fundraising
Closing date: 20th December 2019
Interviews: 3rd January 2019
If you wish to apply, please e-mail your CV and a supporting statement to before the deadline.
In your supporting statement, please describe how you meet the requirements of the person specification. Please also provide two references, covering your last five years of employment. We will not take up any references without your permission. However, we will not consider applications that do not include a supporting statement and references.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
We are looking for a talented person with a successful background in Communications and Marketing to support the Director of Communications & Fundraising to develop and implement SignHealth’s marketing strategy across all of our services for Deaf people, professionals and key stakeholders.
This is an exciting time to join our award-winning organisation, with mental health and domestic abuse in the spotlight, to develop and implement plans to engage our target audience and spread the message about our services. Working on your own initiative, your role will be to create and maintain positive relationships between our clients and the public using the company’s media outlets.
Your main tasks will be to support our internal and external communications by writing and disseminating publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media. You will also work with other people, internally and externally, to coordinate and plan promotional events. Proficient in the Adobe suit, you will use the technical elements to produce marketing material and other art work that underpins the Fundraising, Communications and Marketing strategy.
To achieve this, you would need to have excellent planning and organisational skills, have strong writing skills, digital marketing experience, art design and a good sense of what makes effective and engaging marketing collateral.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The postholder will oversee SignHealth’s marketing campaigns both internally and externally and plays a key part in communicating the organisations marketing message.
- Preparing, planning and project managing the publication of all publicity material to maximise brand promotion.
- Creating and promoting marketing campaigns
- Creating and developing new innovative ways to communicate SignHealth’s message to their existing customers.
- Contributing to KPIs and marketing plans.
- Planning and project managing marketing events and evaluating their success.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of all marketing activity.
- Developing and maintaining SignHealth’s internal marketing programme.
- Supporting the Executive Leadership Team with day to day marketing activities.
- Plan, develop and deliver campaigns as agreed within timescales.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organisation’s activities, products and/or services.
- Manage and maintain the organisation’s social media profiles.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and support the spokespeople of the organisation.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate monthly stories, analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
|Qualification & Training||Essential/Desirable|
|Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field, or equivalent experience||Essential|
Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
|Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in a communications/marketing role||Essential|
|Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems and social media platforms||Essential|
|Knowledge of Adobe suit||Essential|
|Knowledge of WordPress website management||Essential|
|Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills||Essential|
|Strong BSL skills and lived experience of being Deaf||Desirable|
|Knowledge of SignHealth’s activities||Desirable|
|Knowledge of SignHealth’s external relationships and customers||Desirable|
|Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change.||Essential|
|The ability to pay high attention to detail to ensure that high quality work leaves the organisation||Essential|
|Ability to represent the company externally with key stakeholders||Essential|
|A commitment to promoting and protecting equality of opportunity.||Essential|