- 75g leftover roast carrots
- 75g leftover roast parsnips
- 50g leftover roast sweet potatoes
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anises
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli
- 75g dried fruit (raisins and sultanas)
- 350ml tin of chickpeas (keep the liquid)
- 170g couscous
- 250ml chicken stock
- 25g harissa paste
- Bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C fan. Oil a baking tray and roast the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes until lightly golden brown. Add the remaining root vegetables, two cinaamon sticks and 4 stars anises. Roast for a further five minutes.
- In a separate bowl, soak the couscous in hot chicken stock, until it’s been absorbed.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the sliced onion, frying until soft but not brown. Add the spices, ginger, turmeric, paprika and chilli and fry for a further two minutes. Add the harrissa paste and chickpeas, stir and then pour in the chickpea stock.
- Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven and add them to the pan, mixing well. Add the couscous and dried fruit to the pan and season, then let it simmer for a further five minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh coriander and Saffron Aioli.