- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 200g mixed fruit and nuts
- 30g soft brown sugar
For the crumble
- 150g plain flour
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g soft brown sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Slice the top and bottom of the apple off to prevent it from rocking on the worktop. Using a knife, remove the core and scoop out the seeds to leave a hollow centre. Place the apples on a baking tray.
- Heat a pan and add the soft brown sugar. Add a little water and heat until the sugar darkens in colour, then add the nuts and dried fruit. Cook for a further minute.
- Take the mixture and use it to fill each of the hollowed apples.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and flour, using your fingers to create a breadcrumb texture. When the crumble is ready, take a small amount and cover the top of each apple to create a crumble lid.
- Place the baking tray in the pre-heated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the apples go soft and the crumble changes to a golden brown colour. Serve with ice-cream or Greek yoghurt.