We hope you’ve enjoyed spending 24 hours with SignHealth, we’re really proud of the work we’ve done. During 2014/15 we have:
- Helped our deaf tenants lead happier more fulfilled lives, gaining confidence and new skills.
- Supported deaf people in British Sign Language, enabling them to
make important life decisions.
- Funded deaf volunteers to help other deaf people live healthier lives.
- Offered the only BSL-based service for abused deaf women and
- Given deaf people access to psychological therapy in British Sign Language.
- Ensured deaf people have equal access to healthcare and health information, in their own language.
- Raised money to improve the health and wellbeing of deaf people
in the UK and abroad.
- Worked in the community, both in the UK and Uganda, to provide Outreach and other support to deaf people.
Your support doesn’t just help us now, it helps us plan for the future too. A future where deaf people can expect to have lives which are as healthy
as those of their hearing peers, with the same opportunities to meet their full potential.
Your help will make that not just an aspiration but a reality.