There has been a huge welcome for the BSL line to NHS111, which has just started to take calls.
For the first time d/Deaf people can contact the health advice line in BSL. They can also use lip-reading or SSE.
The service is being operated for the NHS by the SignHealth company InterpreterNow.
- Lisa – I have used that last night – fantastic service from them!!! : )
- Majorie– Wow fantastic about time at last.
- Zoe– Excellent news for us all individuals & more independent to call via BSL!
- Healthwatch Barnsley– There’s now a way for the Deaf community to call NHS 111 for free, share with any of your friends and family that are BSL users
- Ingrid Clarke– Brilliant. Please share
- BSPD – Great idea! Support for deaf patients to use the NHS 111 service
- Healthwatch Bedford Borough – Great new provision for the deaf community to access 111 – Fab work!
- Rachael Veazey, BSL Hands Interpreting –Access!!!!!!
NHS111 gives health advice when your doctor’s surgery is closed, when you are not sure where to go for help, and when you just need health information.
The BSL line is open from 8am until midnight every day.
To use it go to www.interpreternow.co.uk/nhs111