Last year, in the second week of June, 5,560 people from England and Wales visited their doctor because of hay fever symptoms. This year, also in the second week of June, 11,873 people visited their GP. That’s a 114% increase. If you are suffering from hay fever, you are not alone! For medical information about hay fever, read our Hay fever blog.
Quick Tips for Reducing Your Hay Fever Symptoms
- Close your windows first thing in the morning and at night.
- Try rubbing Vaseline around your nostrils to stop pollen going up your nose. This isn’t very attractive or comfortable, but it will reduce your sneezing.
- Wear sunglasses when you are outside. Even better, wear wrap-around sunglasses. These block sunlight from entering your eyes at the side of your face.
- Don’t mow the lawn.
- After you have been outside, change your clothes. Pollen attaches itself to clothes, so swapping them for clean clothes that haven’t been contaminated might help.
- Stay inside if the pollen levels are high.
If you have any tips for improving your hay fever, help the Deaf community by writing them in the comment box below.